EXIT Realty truly is a different way to do Real Estate

EXIT Realty truly is a different way to do Real Estate

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Why!?


Question: Why manage your household?

Answer: Because if you don't, it will manage you.

I want to clarify, my house often gets the best of me.  EVERYONE knows that my house is not the most picked up and spotless house in the block, far from it.  Cleaning is not my strong suit, BUT I have many other talents that helps me manage the chaos of being a stay at home mama.  I'm good at budgeting, shopping, sewing, creating meal plans and decorating.  I'm NOT good at gardening, keep things picked up, folding laundry and keeping projects from going out of control.

With that said, there are 3 things you need to ask yourself when deciding how you are going to be a domestic goddess.

1) What am I good at?
2) What do I enjoy?
3) Why should I ______ (be frugal, live on a budget, shop second hand..ect)

First find what you are good at.  I am good at organizing, creating, decorating, analyzing.
Now, what do you enjoy.  I enjoy sewing, cooking, being outdoors, crafting, shopping, being girly.

Often I have found that these things coincide with each other.  You will use these skills and abilities to save you $! (on to that later)

Lastly, why should I be frugal, live on a budget, shop second hand.....This list is personal to you.  I really think before you start to try to go through all these steps to save money or manage your household more effectively that you need to know why.  Have a purpose and a reason for the madness before you start couponing or using cash envelopes for everything.  Here are my reasons.

The reason why we live on a budget and try to be as thrifty as possible:

1.  To save money (on a macro level) to accomplish our dreams : (get out of debt and for DH to graduate college and for me to stay at home...and eventually so we can give back and honor God with the mission he has given to us).
2.  To save money (on a micro level) monthly on our bills (and sometimes out of absolutely necessity).
3.  To be a good steward of the environment: reduce, reuse, recycle.
4.  To make living life more enjoyable and with less chaos (that's where meal planning comes into play)
5.  To be content and live within our means.
6.  To set a good example for Baby Boy and so we can provide him with the best future possible.

It CAN BE really difficult to live on a budget and to change your habits and to get out of debt or meal plan or make hand made gifts and ect.  BUT once you have the reasons why (goals) and a vision (where you want to be in 5 years) it comes easier.

We are in our 2nd year of paying of debt and living on a cash budget.  It's not easy, but I am confident the reward is going to be super SWEET when we finally get there. :)

Until next time,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment